Monday, February 17, 2014

10 days 'til surgery! - facts and feeeeelings

I'm starting to get nervous and excited! Work has been so stressful and exhausting lately, I'll be glad to to get a break from it all - though recovering from surgery doesn't sound nearly as fun as taking a vacation to a tropical place. But hey, a break will be still be nice!

On February 26th, my partner and I will fly to San Mateo, CA. I have a pre-op appointment with Dr. Marci Bowers that evening, where she'll go over all of the details and I can ask any questions. I spoke with Dr. Bowers once on the phone a few months back, when I asked a lot of questions about the way she does simple meta and clarified that she won't mess with my vaginal opening. It was a top concern for me, since I like having sex with that hole, and I will need it in a few years for conceiving and popping out da babies! Anyway, Dr. Bowers was fantastic at reassuring me about everything, and I'm excited to meet her in person soon.

My surgery is scheduled for February 27th at San Mateo Surgery Center. It's an outpatient procedure and should only take a few hours. We'll be staying in San Mateo for 4 days total, then I'll go home and take a few weeks off work to recuperate.

At the moment, I'm feeling optimistic about surgery. It's hard to imagine what things will feel like post-op... Will I actually gain some length? Girth? Will my sensitivity change? Will I be able to penetrate my partner? Will masturbating feel different? My surgeon can't answer any of these questions, since every body is different. I hope to gain noticeable length and girth. I hope that sensitivity will be either the same or better than it is now. I'd love to be able to penetrate my partner when erect, but I'm not gonna bank on that. I've heard from other guys that you have to re-learn how to jerk off post-op - guess I'll have to do lots of practicing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment