Tuesday, February 25, 2014

36 hours 'til surgery!

This sense of calm has overtaken me today, and I feel ready to head to San Mateo and excited for the next few days. I spent today mentally preparing and enjoying some alone time, which included a thorough cleaning of my house. Call me weird, but I really enjoy the feeling of a clean living space, and I wanted to leave it nice for the friends who will be watching our pets while we're away.

A friend gave me some great advice today - forget about work, forget about the stressors that have been inundating my life lately, and focus on myself. This moment is about my own transformation, mentally and physically, and my friend suggested that I do anything and everything necessary to go into surgery with a clear mind. I'm taking her advice to heart.

Tomorrow my partner and I fly to San Mateo in the morning. My pre-op appointment is at 4pm, then we're having dinner with a friend/mentor who I haven't seen in several years. It will be nice to reconnect, and hopefully she will have suggestions of low-key things to do while we're in town. I have several acquaintances who live in the Bay area, but I haven't yet decided whether I'll reach out to them. I have a feeling that I won't be up for company during my short 4-day stay there, so I'll just play it by ear. It's also a strange thing to explain to people - "hey, I'm in town having some work done on my penis, wanna hang out?"

I plan to write another post tomorrow evening, and will try to take some pre-op photos. Not sure yet whether I'll post them now or later - could be a fun comparison once I'm healed. But then again, dick pics are always fun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment