Wednesday, February 26, 2014

(Less than) 12 hours 'til surgery! - Pre-op appointment updates + pre-op photos

Today I arrived in San Mateo with my partner, and we went to my pre-op appointment with Dr. Bowers. There were two doctors shadowing Dr. Bowers - apparently they are training under her. I was a bit surprised by this, but I'm all for educating others so I agreed to them being in the room for the talking part and the pantsless part.

Dr. Bowers started by asking me why I want simple metoidioplasty. I reminded her of our phone conversation a few months ago, when we discussed my desire to carry babies and how I don't want any surgery that will compromise that. She remembered our conversation, and reassured me again that she won't make the front hole any smaller. I also talked about wanting this surgery to alleviate dysphoria.

She bragged a bit about this surgery exceeding most of her patients' expectations; she's done about 150 simple meta surgeries over the years. She developed the technique and apparently her style for doing the surgery is unlike any other doctor. One thing I appreciated about Dr. Bowers' bedside manner is that she put me at ease by being personable and having a sense of humor. She also consistently referred to my junk as a "phallus," which is a much more accurate term than "clitoris." Sure, I used to have what would medically be called a clitoris, but testosterone has grown that little fucker into a 2-inch cock. God bless hormones!

The doctors left the room and I undressed - when they came back, I had 3 surgeons looking at my junk. It was quite the ego stroke to hear them say that I've had good growth on T, and that my results will be favorable. She described what they'll do while I'm under anesthesia tomorrow: release the clitoral chordee underneath my cock, cut and release the inner labia, and "bulk up" the freed penis by wrapping the inner labia around my penis (or T-enhanced clitoris). Basically I will have a small penis that is free from my body and higher up than it is now, getting rid of the inner labia that holds it in and down now.



We also talked about my interest in potentially having urethral lengthening somewhere down the road after pregnancy. Dr. Bowers said that it will likely be possible to do this later on, but that they would have to open up my new dick from underneath and make a urethra. Apparently she is working with the Serbia team to advance new technology and make this a reality. Someday, I might consider it - right now, the complication rate with any lower surgery that involves messing with the urethra is just not worth the risk for me.

And now, a few pre-op photos for your viewing pleasure:

THESE IMAGES ARE MY PERSONAL PROPERTY. UNAUTHORIZED USE AND/OR DUPLICATION OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THIS BLOG'S OWNER IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Pre-op, 3.5 yrs. on T, flaccid from front

Pre-op, 3.5 yrs. on T, flaccid from side

Pre-op, 3.5 yrs. on T, Erect!

Pre-op, 3.5 yrs. on T, erect from front

Pre-op, 3.5 years on T, flaccid while standing - about 2 inches long

4 comments:

  1. hey there, I came across your blog, I think through a yahoo group. I've enjoyed the few posts you've put up. you haven't posted in a while and surgery has come and gone theoretically. hope you're doing okay and am looking forward to an update. I want to have the exact same procedure with Dr. Bowers, have wanted it for years and she's the only surgeon I've ever wanted to go to. it's been great reading your blog, hope you post some more and again hope all is well. gabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gabe,
    Thanks for your comment! It's nice to know that someone out there is reading this. And you motivated me to post a bunch of updates today. I apologize for my delay! Hope you enjoy the photos and whatnot. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to share details.
    Meta_Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Thanks for sharing your journey and photos. I'm wondering if you have any pre-op photos of you standing? I'm curious as to that you looked like in this position as I'm trying to visualize what i might look like post surgery.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do have ONE pre-op photo standing. I just added it at the bottom of this post, so just refresh the page and it should appear. When are you having surgery?

    ReplyDelete