Saturday, March 29, 2014

Healing updates - 1 month post-op!

I've officially passed the one month post-op mark, hooray! I haven't noticed any significant differences in the past week or so, but the photos below show improved healing of the stitches, with the part that was busted open almost completely healed up now. I've stopped using neosporin, mostly because it was messy and didn't seem necessary. Sitting is much more comfortable, though I'm still getting used to having to move my junk around in my pants to get it to "lay" comfortably. It is pretty exciting to walk and feel my package jostle around a bit though! I tried running while playing with my dogs the other day, which felt weird but not painful - the skin is still really tender so I think things were just rubbing a bit harshly in my jeans. Can't wait til the 6 week mark (only 2 weeks away!) when I get to have sex again - both my partner and I have been getting antsy to try out the new parts ;)

Wow, pubic hair grows back fast! (30 days post-op)

30 days post-op, lying down

30 days post-op, lying down with legs spread

Looking sooo much better, even since last week (30 days post-op)

You can barely see the line of stitches now, but there's about 4-5 inches of sutures from tip of my dick to the V opening (30 days post-op)

Glorious! (*disclaimer: this surgery did wonders for my gender/genital dysphoria, hence the big ego) - 30 days post-op

Standing view, 30 days post-op

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful meta and your happiness with the result. I really appreciate your willingness to share this experience in such detail. I always said I don't need or want bottom surgery, but a simple meta might actually be a compelling option, especially after seeing your results and hearing your positivity. If you're on Tumblr, drop by my page hilaird.tumblr.com

    Best-
    Laird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laird,
    Thanks for your post! I was in the same boat as you until about a year ago, but looking into simple meta revealed how perfect the surgery was/is for my needs and desires. I'm glad that my blog has been helpful to you, feel free to re-post it as you see fit. I did check out your tumblr (though I don't have an account of my own), and appreciate much of what you posted!
    Let me know if there are any questions I can answer or support I can offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this awesome blog! I was wondering if you would still be able to use an STP after this surgery. I am considering a simple meta without urethral extension, but still want to be able to stand and pee with an STP. Did you discuss this at all with Dr. Bowers? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't discuss it with Dr. Bowers before surgery. I've never been all that into STP's, but I did just purchase one a few weeks ago to see if it works with my new anatomy. I have the "number one STP." I have to position it under my dick in order for it to work, but it does, indeed, get the job done. The urethra is not repositioned at all with simple meta, so there was no functional difference. I did notice that the lack of inner labia makes it feel a bit different when I pee... Hard to describe the sensation. I just notice that there's less tissue between my legs, and for me that's a good thing.

      Delete
  4. Your meta looks great. I am planning on having the simple meta just as soon as I scrape together a bit more money. I hope this has not been asked before and I just missed it: Would you mind sharing what is your BMI, height and weight. Thanks.
    You can reach me at AdamTreyRobinson@gmail.com
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam,
      Glad to hear you're pursuing simple meta - it's really an awesome surgery with results that I'm certainly thrilled with. I hope that you have the same experience!
      No one has asked about my BMI, great question. I'm 5'6" and weigh 150 pounds, so I guess that makes my BMI 24.2. Why do you ask?

      Delete
    2. I ask because body weight/BMI has an impact on results. If you have good growth from T, which you clearly do, you still usually need a BMI of 25 or less to clear mons fat. I have decided to have the testicular implants done at the same time as the simple meta. As far as stp, it has never been high on my list. I'll share my results when I have my surgery. All the best to you.

      Delete
  5. Without needing or caring to know the details of your sex life, I've kind of been watching for an update since you're now "off restriction". Wondering if/how your sensation and ability to orgasm have been affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, great question! I've been drafting a post about exactly this for awhile - it will go live in a few days, I promise!

      Delete
  6. Hi. Did you pump or use dht cream for your growth prior to surgery? If so, can you provide some details about that?
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. Your results look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Will - I only pumped a few times, halfheartedly, before surgery. So I can't really speak to that. I have never used DHT cream, so I can't speak to that either. Sorry!

      Delete
  7. Hey, it's Laird here. A little worried about you brother, since you never posted that last update about how using your new and improved parts went. You ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laird - I just published a new post about sex. Take a look! I started a new job on April 1, so have been consumed with that and neglecting my blog. Posting a few entries today to make up for it though! :)

      Delete
  8. I'd love to see an update about healing and function/sensation!

    ReplyDelete